Hello Friends. This is going to be a quick wrap up/goals post. So for the wrap up let me give you a few linky links.
There were four book reviews. Woot for staying on track with that at least…
- Treasures, Demons, and other Black Magic by Meghan Ciana Doidge 5 Stars
- Dead Set by Richard Kadrey 3 Stars
- Minutes Before Sunset by Shannon A. Thompson 4 Stars
- Okay…after checking my book reviews I realized that the fourth book review was the same as the first. Oops! Why didn’t one of you call me out on that? Lol Oh well…I really liked the book anyways. Boo for not staying on track with book reviews. Ugh.
The prompt for this month was “When she looked into his eyes, she could see his soul.”
Here are the titles and the first line of each. And my linky links so you can read the rest of the story should you feel so inclined.
- The Hall of the Lost – Welcome to the hall of the lost. (This one was my favorite from this month.)
- Kidnapped – The room was dark and damp, my hands were tied behind my back.
- Witches Cure – The world has changed over the years.
- Origin – Mira had been living in the forest for only a few years.
If you read the short stories this month, what was your favorite?
This month I read 9 books, but don’t let that number fool you…4 of those books were the Spiderwick Chronicles books and they took an hour to read. I didn’t enjoy them any less though.
- Dead Set by Richard Kadrey
- Minutes Before Sunset by Shannon A. Thompson
- Exodia by Debra Chapoton
- Aerisia: Land Beyond The Sunset by Sarah Ashwood (spoiler: Sarah is June’s author! So look for her interview coming up soon.)
- Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
- The Field Guide by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi
- The Seeing Stone by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi
- Lucinda’s Secret by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi
- The Ironwood Tree by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi
Lastly, there was the author interview with Debra Chapoton. She was a lovely author to chat with and I am glad that I was able to interview her.
Sadly there was only one movie review this month, Austenland.
There were some other post you can read if you look HERE. It’s just the post from this past month, including the ones listed above.
Now we move on to my June goals. I honestly hate setting goals for myself because I always seem to fail at them. Ugh. Just ugh.
- Plan better. Hopefully this will help me stick to my goals to begin with.
- Make sure I don’t post any repeat book reviews. Yes, it’s bugging me!
- Review more movies. (I really hope to add Alice Through the Looking Glass to my movie reviews this month.)
- Write at least 1000 words a day. I really need to get back to writing. I feel better when I am writing and I know it’s where my passion is!
- Don’t wait until the last minute to prepare a post for the following day. But I guess this could fall under better planning..but in my mind it’s two different things.
- Set aside more time for reading. Like…every waking moment.
That’s all I got for my goals. Thank goodness for short list and all very doable.
Do you have any goals for this month?