I skipped craft corner last week, and a bunch of other post. I have been working so much lately and trying to prove that I am a good choice for full time that everything else has been swept under the rug. Just yesterday I was wondering if I even wanted to continue writing post for my blog or let it go. Lucky for you all, writing is the only thing I am sure of and right now this is my only outlet for that writing need.
I haven’t created much in the past few weeks. I haven’t had time. I have cupcakes sitting in the kitchen right now because I am going to be making cake pops later today, but that will be for next weeks craft corner. Since I didn’t make anything I thought I would share a little something with you that I did make.
I read this article last week, you can read it HERE, about the benefits of pineapple water. The first try at pineapple water I made way too much and found out that it was only good for three days.
My mom and brother helped me drink it, but I still ended up pouring out about half of it. This water is supposed to have a few health benefits. If you didn’t read the article here are a few things that interested me about pineapple water.
- Fights Inflammation. Of course this is going to be my main concern. My issues with my ankle has a lot to do with inflammation so I am always looking for things to counteract that.
- Helps with Weight loss. If you are around on Sundays and read my Fitness Sunday post you would notice that I am trying semi-hard to lose weight. So this is perfect.
- Regulates the Thyroid. If you don’t know the thyroid is the part of the body that helps with metabolism. If it stops working, you gain a ton of weight and have to take medication. Not very scientific in my explanation, but that is basically what it is.
- Works as a digestive aid. Hello!! This also has a lot to do with weight loss. If that crap gets stuck in your system then you are going to lose weight a lot slower.
The other benefits that are listed in the article are as follows:
- Flushes parasites from liver and intestines.
- Balances Electrolytes
- Gets rid of heavy metals and toxins
- Strengthens gums and helps whiten and preserve teeth. Anyone else see preserve and think dead bodies?
- Improves vision
- Protects from cancer.
The last one always makes me roll my eyes. I bet there is an article out there somewhere that says pineapple causes cancer…or water causes cancer…or breathing causes cancer. And then there are a ton of things that prevent it too. The word cancer gets thrown around a lot!
Anyways, I thought I would share with you my process for preparing a few jars of this pineapple water. I am going to give it a test run and see if it makes a difference.
First you need three jars, a pineapple, and some ice and water.
I have this handy dandy pineapple cutter/peeler thing that helped me get my pineapple.
I was going to take a video of using it, but I didn’t have anyone to hold the camera. lol
You seriously just twist it into the pineapple.
Then you have perfect pineapple rings!
It makes cutting a pineapple so much easier. After you have your pineapple slices, separate them into three jars.
Add ice. This supposedly keeps the pineapple from floating and helps flavor the water.
Then add the water.
I put my in the fridge and drink one ever morning before I eat anything. The first day doesn’t taste too much like pineapple, but you can’t wait to drink these because they are only good for three days. I’m all about preparing ahead.
So, if you try this let me know what you think of it! I will let you know if it works for me..in about two weeks.