I don’t get to go to the theater a lot. I have to pick and choose what movies I really want to see. That’s what happens when you are broke and in debt. I found that it was much easier to go to the movies if I didn’t get popcorn and a drink, but that’s not as fun. This year, all together I was able to see 9 movies. Which may not seem like a lot to most, but it was a good year for me.
Here is a quick rundown of the movies I saw in theaters.
- Parnormal Activity: The Marked Ones – What a waste of money!
- Oculus – It had Amy Pond in it! It wasn’t a huge disappointment but it could have been better.
- Godzilla – I got to see this one in 3D and it was amazing!
- The Fault in Our Stars – Eh…it was a cute story but I wouldn’t see it again.
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes – This movie was awesome!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – You can’t beat the original, but it was good.
- Maze Runner – I actually got to see this one for free and OMG loved it!
- Into the Woods – Not what I expected but I liked it and will probably buy it when it comes out on DVD.
- The Hunger Games: The Mocking Jay part 1 – I am so glad that I read the books or I would be so mad.
Can you guess which one I like the best? Drum roll please!!!
Ta-Da! The Maze Runner was 100% my favorite movie this year. I read the books and the movie was fantastic! Not to mention Dylan O’Brien is adorable and a great actor. Maybe if I had seen more movies this year it wouldn’t be my favorite, but as it stands this is it. It was one of the few movies that didn’t have a love story underlining the whole thing. Sure, Thomas and Theresa might have had a thing, but they don’t remember and nothing was said further then the fact that they knew each other.
I loved how imaginative the whole story was and I think it is one of the better adaptations I have seen in a while.
What movies did you see in 2014? Do you have a favorite?
I hope to see more movies this year, but who knows.